Monday, April 5, 2010



Oh Canada, Oh Canada, ....EH.

Yep, I'm in Canada. Prince Rupert to be exact. I left last Thursday from Parker, Colorado. Thought I'd have plenty of time to get here. It took 5 days of long hours of driving. Yesterday was a 650 mile drive. Delays caused by snow in Wyoming and snow storms in the passes in Washington. Got through the Washington storms by going thru Kettle Falls and on into Canada there.


Went thru a small town of Osoyoos, British Columbia. I've never heard of it but in my opinion the most scenic town in BC as far as I've seen. Certainly worth a drive to it if at all possible. Try to see it during the day time. I was in such a hurry that I regret I didn't take the time to sight see while there. If you come in from the South, there's a look out above the valley and town before dropping down into it. Stop and enjoy the view. There's only one pull off for it, so be sure to be on the look out for it. Check it out now on Google maps. Image above is of the town.



No show, just tell
Saw some interesting things on the drive from Co. to Prince Rupert.
A wild turkey standing beside the road. Never saw a wild one.
A beautiful Black Arabian horse running free in a pasture with mountains as it's background.
A herd of elk feeding close to the road.
Deer and antelope.
Mountain sheep jumping a fence to cross the highway.
A moose standing in a pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment