Saturday, January 8, 2011

My Dogs are Barking

  Went to out of the way places just outside of the downtown area in Taos. Met some interesting people again. Josselyn Martinez, native artist that's VERY talented. Talked with her for about 45 minutes.     
   Another art gallery we talked with an artist printer. He showed us his printing press in the back and explained the processes. I have a new appreciation for that.
   Also talked to a gallery owner who also paints. Got a lot of useful tips and ideas from her. Some I'll try this next Summer.
   Saw a painting with a $25,000 price tag. I guess the artist was famous to have that price tag for that particular painting.
   I also have a 3 day workshop with an artist on oil painting next week. That's why we're staying a few extra days.
   Tomorrow is all planned out again. So much history and so many things to see.
   We also had a Salmon BLT with buffalo chili.....yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment