Saturday, December 26, 2009






Apache Trail


Left Casa Grande this morning. Decided to fuel up so I pulled into a service station. Talk about a 3 ring circus. There were 3 rows of 3 pumps at each island. So if you're the guy at the middle pump, you wait. Now if the guy in front had to come in on the 'wrong' side, then he or you and everyone else needs to back up so someone can get out. Of course there's vehicles waiting in line and barely any room to drive around because other cars at the other island are too close for a vehicle to drive thru. Like I said a mess. Now for the real messy part. You pay cash or use your debit card at the ATM machine right next to the pump. They don't take credit cards. Oh, and there's a transaction fee. So now your 2.87/gal for diesel is even more. Did I mention that I don't have a debit card. So no fuel for me. Now I have to back up and hear the guy behind me blow his horn. Wasn't a big deal to me, but seeing a big Dodge truck coming back had the senior citizen nervous. I could see her in my rear view mirror, so no harm. I just told her to double up on her medication when she got home. I was then able to barely squeeze between the cars on the way out. What troubles me is that there was a line 3 cars deep waiting to get gas.


We got on the Interstate and was now officially en route to Tortilla Flat and Apache Trail.


We made it to Tortilla Flat but not before we stopped at one of those 'NATIVE JEWELRY SOLD HERE' on the side of the road layed out on a couple of tables. Well, I stopped. The jewelry was very nice and a reasonable rate. Silver, turquoise, other precious stones. The first table $10.00 for a pair of ear rings. Very nice and seemed reasonable to me. So I bought a pair. I walked over to the next table feeling pretty good about my purchase. Second table 2 pr of ear rings, $10.00. They were also nice. We drove off $20.00 lighter and 3 pr of ear rings. Could have had 4 instead of 3.


Finally arrived at Torrilla Flat, well after making a wrong turn off the Interstate. Then finally getting back on the right road. I'll never figure out how we got back on the right one. It's way to complicated to tell the story here.


Tortilla Flat


Finally. Lots of cars parked everywhere. Still, we decided to have lunch. Lot of people waiting for a table. We told the hostess "table for two". No problem, I can seat you now. So we got right in and ate good food at a reasonable price. The stools at the bar with saddles to sit in were full, so we didn't get to sit there.




Apache Trail Video



No comments:

Post a Comment