Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sun glasses, sun tan oil, and salt tablets

Woke up this morning and went to a Dollar store to buy some water. The very same water I paid $3.00/2 gal. Well, at the Dollar store, just about everything is a $1.00 or less. So we picked up 3 gal. of water for $1.00/gal. That beat the 2/$3.00 from a few days ago. I always love it when I find a deal.
We decide to drive to Havasu City this morning. Passed up fuel stops w/ diesel $3.41/gal. in California.

24 miles later and we're in Havasu City. Fueled up $2.61/gal. diesel. On the way into town we spotted a WalMart. A big WalMart so we pulled in. Spent several hours looking in the store. Such deals.
Remember when Sarah Palin was running for vice president and she would stop to shop.....well only someone from Alaska could relate to her doing that.
Bought some lunch meat and cheese in WM and had a picnic in the truck in WM's parking lot. The sun was out, a warm breeze blowing thru the truck and the temp. was 61*. What's not to like.

We then decided to walk around since there was a gigantic 'mall' complex. I guess that's what one would call it. It was larger than Ketchikans dwntwn area. Saw a movie theater so decided to go see Blindside. Excellent movie. I'd highly recommend it. Since it was a matinee, we only paid $5.00 a piece to get in. No senior discount.
The temp was 66* when we walked out of the movie.

Walked over to J.C. Penny's. Bought a few new lighter in weight clothes. I was sweating in my jeans and canvas shirt. Also bought a pair of shorts. I'll need to test drive those shorts soon. I can't remember when the last time I wore shorts.

Checked into a Motel 6 this evening. $41.00.....nice room. Pam also saw an advertisement for a week in condo time share for $200.00. We emailed and waiting to see if we get a response. If we do, then we'll spend a week here. Havasu City looks like a nice place and would enjoy spending more time here.

We walked down to the London Bridge this evening and what a site. All lit up for Christmas and lots of lights around the stores below the bridge. We forgot the video camera, but will try tomorrow night. Only saw about 20 people there.

and now on to my 'What did I learn today' footnotes

Even when you buy water for a $1.00/gal.....Wal Mart sells it for 78cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment