Friday, January 8, 2010

For Laura and her Spice Monkey

Let's see, last time I updated was back in Arizona a week ago. We drove across the lower part of New Mexico in a day. I heard about the beautiful women in New Mexico and wanted to try and photograph them and then do a sketch and maybe a painting. Well, from what I saw while traveling thru NM is that someone contaminated the gene pool. Perhaps I need to look closer when we drive thru again next week.

Don't Mess With Texas

Saw that sign a lot when we got to Texas.

We spent New Years Eve at Fort Stockton, Texas. We rented a room for $42.00 tax included. After we, I mean I rented the room, we went out to get something to eat. On the way back we decided to get some bubblie for the New Year's celebration. So one bottle of sparkling cider and some snacks.
Back in the room and in a few hours we'll be ringing in 2010. In a $42.00 room including tax one doesn't get coffee maker, hair dryer, clock, or cups to drink sparkling cider. So at midnight Pam and I drank our cider like two recovering wineos passing the bottle back and forth. So welcome to Texas and say hello to 2010.

What can I say about driving across Texas. It's big, it's flat, and you can go fast. 80 mph fast.

Remember the Alamo

We're at Chuck and Jan's house just a few miles outside San Antonio. We haven't been to The Alamo this year, but we did see it last year.
It's been cold here, but not as cold as the rest of the country.

Hablo Espanol ?

We went to a WalMart and I needed to use the restroom. As I walked in so did a young man just in front of me He started talking so I looked around and we were alone. The fact that he said something to me wasn't unusual. What was unusual is he was speaking Spanish. I certainly don't look Mexican. As we were standing at the urinal he kept speaking Spanish. So I finally looked at him and said , " I don't speak Spanish". He looked at me and kept talking. I then said "No habla Espanol". We just looked at each other. He kept talking and I could only imagine what he was now saying to me. As he went to wash his hands, I noticed he had a wireless earpiece for his telephone in his ear. I'd forgotten about those things.

That's about all that was funny to happen this week. Hey, it's Texas.



No comments:

Post a Comment