Saturday, January 9, 2010

Texas Mountain Cedar

Didn't do much today so not much to write about. So guess I'll just mention a few things that I'll share about the trip.
When the TM Cedar is pollinating, it plays heck with my sinuses. Didn't get to sleep until 4am this morning. Heck of a time with allergies.


Restrooms

The further South you drive, the better the restrooms are. The ones in Canada are of the outhouse variety. When you get to the states. The ones just across the state lines are usually the best you'll find in that state. Take advantage of the stop and grab some tour literature that's there. Also get a booklet with coupons in them. You'll save money on items including motel rooms.
Carry an extra roll of TP with you when going thru Canada. No guarantee they'll be TP in them. Also carry a bottle of hand cleaner. They'll be no water or soap in them either.

Thought I got the big one

Ate lunch while out at a shopping mall the other day. I ordered a chicken fried steak. $7.99 for a small one and $8.99 for a big one. I ordered the small one since I wasn't that hungry. When it came, it covered 3/4 of the plate. Thinking the waitress made a mistake and not wanting to hurt her feelings, I said, " Gosh!, I should have ordered a small one". The waitress said that it was the small one. The Big ones come on a plate by themselves. Seems like all we do is eat and much more than we need.
I guess I'm stimulating the economy and spreading the wealth at the expense of spreading my as setts.

The restaurants down here seem to all be very busy in the evenings......"what recession".
Saw a 5lb bag of Idaho potatoes for 88 cents a bag. Amaretto is $6.00/ bottle. In Alaska it's $24-27.00/ bottle.

Like I said at the beginning, slow day in Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment